Thursday 24 December 2015

the only indie advent calendar worth opening - Day 24


Hands down winner of single of the year, 'Let it happen' opens Tame Impala's third album and for this reason alone I think you need to celebrate Christmas with a copy of the album 'Currents' in your household.
The only problem with opening the album with one heck of a tune like that is it leaves the listener wondering where you're going to go next. On first listen, the rest of the album may not grab you as instantly as Let it happen does, but trust me when I say it's worth sticking with. Other stand out tracks include Eventually - a hopeful ode to overcoming the break up of a relationship and the delicious sound of 'Cause I'm a Man'.
Over the past few years, Australian artists have been coming up with some massive musical highlights. If the ashes in cricket were played on a turntable, us brits would be wondering what we'd need to do to win back that little urn, So, while you're making your last minute Christmas preparations, let's raise a glass to the excellence of Kevin Parker's creation Tame Impala and make it the soundtrack to your festive season.
 
As I round off the #indieadvent24 featuring some of my favourite songs of 2015, I think it's apt that on this the 24th day of the advent of indie music, my gift to you is my single of the year, Tame Impala - Let it happen
 
BONUS CHRISTMAS TRACK
 
 
Like all good advent calendars, the 24th door always offered something a bit more than the usual daily chocolate, or in this case, a cracking slice of indie music.
 
I'd like to thank all of you who have followed this advent reflection of the year in music, especially @musicnostalgic and @theedgeofthesea who have helped spread the word and offered helpful support and advice along the way.
 
I'd like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and leave you all with my favourite Christmas song - the phenomenally talented Sufjan Stevens with his melancholic masterpiece - Sister Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment